Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012: My bucket list

Below you will find some goals/ideas/really anything that I want to write.  I know people are tired of reading everybody else's resolutions.  But if you are on some one's blog then I guess you secretly want to read them.  Or you are extremely bored.  Case and point: me, today, at work.  Moving on.  I debate almost everything on this blog before I hit publish.  Am I telling too much?  Do people really want to know this stuff?  Do I care what everyone thinks?  What if they think I'm weird?  All of these little questions circum-navigate their way around my brain.  Often times I just hit publish.  So today I write my 2012 bucket list.  I'm letting you in to read them.  If I happen to break them- you don't need to tell me.  Sometimes we need free passes.  So keep that in mind:)  Some are serious and some are fun, but they are mine and I intend to do them as best as possible.  


In 2012, I Sarah Sass wish to:


*Read loads and loads of books.  I'm already a book nerd, but I intend to astonish you with my nerdiness. Get ready.  

*Get creative.  In any way possible.  I am going to find my outlet.  Good thing Pinterest has been dominating my life lately..
*Be a good friend.  I have really good friends, but I know that I spread myself too thin in 2k11.  In 2012, I am going to figure out how to be a great friend to those I love.
*Boycott stinky fashion trends.  Like fake glasses.  Just saying
*Try not to cuss so much.  It's just not attractive
*Make an impact.  For good.
*Not worry what other people think.  I want to be me and I don't want to get hung up on other people's approval.
*I think I shall do this: Decide what to be and go be it.
*I want to do something great.  I have no idea what that means, but I am going to go for it.  Stay tuned.
*Cook more.  A lot more.  Host dinners.  Hospitality here I come.
*Make people feel special
*I'm going on some adventures.  Yes.  This is a fact.  I have my ideas.  Now I just need some takers to come along.  
*Road trips.  I'm going on them.  This one ties in with the one above.  The tahoe and I are going to keep on trucking.
-
*Work harder.
*Pray more.  Pray harder.
*Paint something
*Save more money.
*Love more.  And let those that I love know it:)
*I started writing a book in college and kind of gave up halfway.  I am going to finish that sucker.  Or at least work on it.  A little.
*This one is one of my favorites.  I'm going to keep learning how to fly fish.  I'm already obsessed.  I think everything about it is magical.  The flies, the rods, the clothes, the scenery.  I can't wait to catch a red on the fly.
*Be bold
*Get in the word.  A whole lot more.  I have been slacking big time in this department.  
*Reach out
*Make a routine and really stick to it.  
*Go to 5 SC towns that I have never been to.
*Walk in the mornings.
*Only eat fast food when absolutely necessary.
*Not drink any sodas unless absolutely necessary
*Help someone
*Learn to play my uke and mandolin
*Take a risk.  Or two.
*Find some cool things to take pictures of.  
*Continue to listen to really great music
*Go to concerts.  I'm rocking this one out. I have my tix to Avett Bros and Needtobreathe/Ben Rector and could not be more excited.
*Go out west.  This has been my dream destination for a very long time. I think 2012 is the year to get out there.  Cross your fingers.
So these are just some thoughts that have been swimming around my mind lately.  I intend to actually do these things.  I will keep you posted!  I want to love more, pray hard and live.  Hate to sound cheesy, but there it is.

Cheers,

SRS



1 comment:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete