Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oh motherhood

You are so far off, its not even funny.  So I finished up my time with the Dodds boys.  It was quite fun.  Those are 100% boys.  Seriously.  I grew up in a house of girls, so I learned a lot this week.  Boys sleep late.  Really late.  They communicate differently.  Things that bother me, may not even enter their radar and vice versa.  They like to stay up late.  You must ask them very direct questions.   They like to now rules/boundaries up front.  They are very sweet.  They smell.  They like to talk loud. They are very, very, very social (which is good).  I had a pretty good time with the Dodds boys.  They are keepers.  However, I got to give them back which is totally a plus.  I don't know how moms do it.  I mean, I am exhausted with just myself.  Then when you get kids, you are responsible for yourself+them.  I mean, when I was at work, I was worried about them. Like what if they got sick or hurt or stolen or blow something up or starve to death.  And they aren't even mine.   I can't imagine worrying like that for 18 yrs and then some.  Oh well.  Won't have to worry about that for a looooong time.

Last night, I went to an end of the year party.  I invented a new word.  You will prolly be hearing sometime in the near future.  Just ask Jenny Waller.  It's her favorite.  I was also forced to touch Eliza's stomach. There is a baby in it.  If you didn't know, that totally, 100%  grosses me out.  I thought I was going to pass out.  The foot was like protruding into her skin.  I am getting sick just thinking about it.  I mean, I just don't get how a whole baby fits in there comfortably.  Then when people touch it, they push down on it.  I mean, what if I gave it a black eye or something??  I would feel terrible.

Ok, I bought some new music this weekend.  It's good stuff.  You should do yourself a favor and check these lil nuggets out:

Peter Bradley Adams
New Matt Nathanson
Some new Ben Rector
James Vincent Morrow


Peace,
SRS

2 comments:

  1. Okay...I LOVED this post. #1- it made me totally excited about having a little boy of my own soon. #2- I had no idea that pregnant bellies freak you out, so it's a good thing we don't live in the same city for now I guess.

    miss you sass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just great, I'll never get a grandchild from you at this rate.


    Ginny

    ReplyDelete