Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, August 15, 2011

Bye, Bye, Bye

Are you now humming some *NSYNC?  I hope so, because I am...  So I am going to piggy back off of my friend MC and talk about goodbyes.  Now I don't want to get too sappy here, but it needs to be said.  The end of the summer means the end of an era of sorts for me I guess.  This has been a bit of a long time coming.  In college I was a YL leader and now I lead a H.S. small group at church.  Which means I got/get to hang with really cool high school kids.  They keep me young.  Some are actually more mature than I am.  Shocker.  The kids came in waves.  I guess I had 3 diff waves.  The 1st wave left for college two yrs ago plus a few last year.  It was sad, but I would survive.  This year is the 2nd wave, and I feel a bit more emotional for some reason.  I must have been in major denial during the 1st wave.  It's sinking in this time.  I am really excited for them to get to go to school, but I'm sad to see them go.  It's like a lil chapter in my book is closing.  Sorry to sound cliche, but its true.  There is something really special about those kids that I can't really describe.  I have had so much fun getting to know them.  The 3rd wave will be senior this year and I am already sad. I feel like when this wave is over, I may have to actually grow up.  Maybe not...   I guess, I am getting sentimental.  I just hope they know how much I love them and how much I am praying for them.  And I hope they don't forget me:)  So I guess this is goodbye.  Make good choices.

Logan is in town.  I cooked us supper tonight.  A lil seafood medley and sweet potato fries.  And red wine.  I accidentally drank most of it, but it was so good.  I even wore my apron.  Disregard the purple lips my friends.
Now we are watching A River Runs Trough It.  Holy Moly.  Brad Pitt was so stinking good looking back in the day.  I mean, I have a huge crush on him.  Prolly because he fly fishes and wears knickers and a really cool hat.  Just saying.  Alright.  I'm out.  Maybe this movie will make me cry.  Little miracles people.

Get down on it,

SRS

1 comment:

  1. Sass. I thought of you the other day. Tim and I went to an artisan cheese and craft beer pairing deal at Whole Foods(don't judge). And they paired a delicious cheese with...wait for it...an alcoholic apple cider. Like a grown up, Whole Foods version of your favorite, the Woodchuck. I made Tim toast to you while we drank it.

    ReplyDelete