Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 4

Its day 4.  Everyone is still alive and accounted for here at the Dodds household.  Its been fun.  I will be honest.  I am tired.  The one that I am responsible for is one social little human being.  I thought that I did a lot.  I pale in comparison to Ben Dodds.  There are smelly/sweaty middle school boys everywhere.  I mean everywhere.  Either they are here, or there, or on the way here or on the way there.  It smells like the old Wando locker room.  Last night, Ben and I went to dinner.  It just so happened that we had to pick up one of his many friends.  As soon as the friend got in, one of my worst nightmares occurred .  I immediately smelled one of my least favorite smells in the entire universe.  AXE.  If you haven't smelled it, just imagine a middle school boys cologne/body wash/deodorant all in one.  I haven't smelled it since I was a middle school leader.  It kinda smells like Abercrombie & Fitch. (You know how you can smell A&F halfway down King St and then you run as fast as possible the other way??)  Any who, we went to dinner.  I was exhausted just starting some convos up.  The friend was not a big talker, but he eventually came around.  Plus he kept calling me mam, which I corrected him every time.   Won't be having any "mamming" around here.  Last night, 3 middle school boys spent the night.  I had to peel them away from the video games late in the night to only find them a few hours later (in the unmentionable hours) talking about their "sick nasty" fantasy football team and some girls.  Seriously.  I feel like I am back in 1998 at Moultrie Middle.  (Should have asked them to play MASH or something)  I had to regulate with some empty threats...  but I tricked them pretty good.  Finally, all in the house was sleeping and my gray hairs began to recede... I hope.

So needless to say, I was a bit sluggish today.  Little irritable, but didn't punch anyone, so I think we are good.  I got to eat breakfast with the Caroline Senf, who just so happens to be one of my all time favorite people in the world.  No exaggerations there.  For once.  If you can, say a prayer for her granddad.  I also got some good insight this afternoon from another one of my favs.  Learned a lot of lil nuggets of info that I need to sort out.  I will get back to that later.  That's all I've got for today.  I think I am going on a lil walk about with my new music.  Ahhh.  Sounds good to me.

Get down on it,

SRS

PS-Robbie Dodds cooked supper Sunday night.  One of the best rib eyes I have ever, ever, ever had.  Boy has some talent with the meat.

1 comment: