Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm on a boat

I seriously can't believe that it is Sunday night.  Dag, this weekend sure did wiz by.  It was a good one too.  One of my all time favorite people came to visit.  Her name is Emily Jones, but her street name is Mike Jones.  Like the rapper.  That makes her sound sketchy, but she may actually be the least sketchy person that I know.  Emily flew in on Saturday morning.  (Emily and I went to Paraguay together, became besties, she left me to go back to the guay and now she throws down in the NYC.  I will explain later, that is just a brief summary).  We started her visit at the Boulevard with Betsy for a delightful and tasty lunch.  Just so you know, they have sweet potato tots.  Yes, it's true.  They are like a lil piece of heaven.  Okay, that may be pushing it, but they are quite good.  Then we decided it was only appropriate to commence the boating season.  So we loaded up and headed to the landing.  It was beautiful.  I seriously can't be more thankful to live in such a beautiful place.  For real.  We visited granny Hipp by boat and then went and visited the Carmody's by boat.  It was so so so nice out.  I would like to report my first mild burn of the season.  It wasn't bad, just the perfect amount.  We came home.  Lounged a bit.  Then headed downtown to Juanita G's to celebrate Lulie's belated birthday:)  Then we finished off the night with some of my favorite people at our favorite watering hole.  Today we went to church and lunch.  Then we hit up the Barnes and Noble.  This is important to me because I am a book worm.  But, I have been in a bit of a slump with the books.  Ever since I got addicted to the dang Friday Night Lights, I have not read a book.  Not a good situation since I usually read one per week.  Today I broke the slump and actually bought three books and I am super pumped.  Then we hit up the Wagner's and the Joyner's for a visit. Here are some pics from boat day (Betsy took the one of Em & I)
 It was a great weekend and I am so sad Emily has to head home tomorrow.  But she is probably better off because politician machine Sarah will be in full force to get ready for Tuesday's runoff.  Seriously.  I have not slept well in quite a while and the next two days may get a lil cray cray.  Sorry in advance.  I know many of you have seen me standing on the side of the road.  Holding a sign.  And waving...How bout a little wave back.  Yes, I know that I am standing on the side of the road and that apparently that is not cool.  I am aware.  But it's worse when people just stare at you and don't reciprocate...C'mon people, help a sister out.  That being said- If you are reading this and you live in our district- GO VOTE!! And make sure you vote for HERB! I mean who would not vote for this guy..He is the best.  I promise!

Love you long time,

Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment