Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, June 20, 2011

Today's venture to MUSC

Today I went to MUSC.  Just that alone is a miracle.  I should stop there.... but I shalt not stop.  I went to visit a dear friend who has C.F. but has been kicking it in the tale.  Anywho, he usually doesn't offer up the visitation invitation, so I accepted before I had time to think about it.  If you didn't know, I just so happen to HATE hospitals.  I never know where to park, which building to go to or how to find the right elevator.  It is never a good situation.  I made it to the hospital.  I found a delightful spot right out in front.  It took a while just to get my bearings.  If only they would have just said find the "Children's Hospital."  Would have made things a bit easier.  Eventually I made it.  Once inside, I began to lose control.  There were people everywhere.  Moving 103 mph.  I walked down like every single hall looking for an elevator.  No elevators, but I did find the cafeteria, some door I was not supposed to open, starbucks etc....I finally made my way back to the middle.  Meanwhile, Royall is on the phone trying to direct me...fail.  I kind of gave up.  I was about to either cry or break something when I heard my name. It was little Megan Hensley Simon.  I immediately felt better, plus I then spotted the elevators.  I made it to the room and we hung out.  My dismount is where things went bad.  I pressed the down button to summon an elevator.  It only took about 10 min for it to get there.  When the doors opened I knew I was destined for negativeness.  There were like 12 people including someone in a wheelchair.  Not a lot of open space.  One crazy, 1 eyed lady told me to join the party.  I wanted to say no thanks so bad, but I didn't want to wait another 2 days for another elevator to come passing by.  So I slowly stepped in.  The doors shut.  The air became stifling hot.  I noticed some terrible smells.  I tried to keep my head down, but then I almost gagged.  There was a man with the grungiest feet I have ever seen.  Sometimes gross man feet just sucker punch me in serious nausea.  Plus the doors opened on every single floor.  Meaning that it took me ten minutes to ride down 8 floors.  Crazy one eyed lady invited people on every single time the doors opened.  Then they would press buttons which would then make our trip even longer.  It was not a good situation.  Just when I thought that I was going to be down for the count the doors opened to the lobby.  THANK GOD! I was losing it.  I don't think I have ever moved that fast....I raced to my car and got the hizeck out of there. 

Yours truly,
Dr. Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment