Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, June 27, 2011

Throw your hands up in the air

Like you just don't care. Or not. If you do not know me very well, then I suggest you halt reading right about now.  Because you just won't grasp the significance of what I am about to share.  Now that that's out of the way, let me begin.  This past weekend we had New Wine at St. Andrew's.  Let me pause- I whole heartedly think that I love St. A's.  Just needed to put that out there.  Any who, we had New Wine.  I will share all the deep stuff I learned a little later.  I had a personal miraculous moment while at New Wine.  To most this is insignificant, but to me, I basically climbed a mountain. Ok, maybe that is pushing it a bit, but it was great all in the same.  So let me paint you the scene.  It was Saturday night.  The worship team was off the chain.  Seriously off the chain AWESOME.  You had to be there.  So usually I get there early and do the seat saving, but I was running late bc I tried to go to too many things that day (story of my life).  Side note- I don't love sitting alone.  I'm a tad insecure...yada yada yada.  So when walking in alone I immediately tried to find peeps that I knew.  I found someone.  A great someone.  One problem, they were on the front row.  I don't do too well on the front row.  Enter in that insecurity and throw in some vulnerability.  I mean, lots of people can see you.  You aren't lost in the crowd.  But I was desperate.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  I took my little self to the front.  Now the people I was with are super cool.  Really, I promise.  One of them can just totally rock it out like it's no one's business during worship. She breaks it down.  This used to make me incredibly nervous slash envious.  I just think its cool how some people can just be free and do what they want.  Word.  In the past, I was 345% hesitant to not even raise one hand or throw in a clap during worship.  Here is what I like to do.  I usually have something with pockets that I nervously shove my hands in to.  When they start to inch upwards I just push em back on down.  I never wanted to be a hand raiser.  No offense.  It just wasn't my style.  I'm a chicken.  A big one at that.  Usually with hands in the pocket I kinda bob the head around a little and then kinda move the feet a little.  Nothing too crazy.   I'm a conservative person.  Well while I was up there I had a thought.  I thought to myself, "Sarah, what is your problem?  Do what you want.  Don't be such a chicken.  You are a chicken by the way.  Who cares?  Just let it go.  For real.  Run & tell that.  (So I didn't say run and tell that, but you get the point.) So while up there I decided it was time to stop worrying about what people think.  I mean, I dress up in weird costumes and pretend to be the Holy Spirit for all the kids and play dodgeball with grandmas, what's the harm in enjoying the music a little more.  So it happened.  Eventually my hands felt like they were on fire.  I had to take them out of the pockets...It took a few minutes, but I finally stopped being a nervous nelly and just let the hands roam free...so to speak.  They were hanging out about waist high most of the time, but they eventually made the journey north.  Yes they did my friends.  The hands went high and it was awesome.  Time didn't stop or anything, but that was a milestone for me.  Plus it was kind of in secret I think, so the rep is still protected for the most part. That's all I've got for now.  Deep stuff to come later.

SRS

1 comment:

  1. Ok...you make me laugh REALLY hard! I got your message that you were behind me in car...I was writing a check to Mrs. Kathy:) while driving! Ok, agreed that the music was REALLY good Sat. night. I love it when they crank it up REAL LOUD! Next, I didn't know you were in the "no hand raising" camp, but if you were going to do it, Sat. night was a good night to do it! Now the is the HS moving! Love it for you!!! mandy

    ReplyDelete