Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm chock full of dem emotions..

This weekend was nothing short of delightful.  Seriously.  Friday night I enjoyed a glorious dinner + I got to give a swirley to one of my favorite kids.  Saturday started off nice and slow.  Just the way I like it.  I woke up late, piddled around, played some guitar and then went and threw the cast net down at the boat landing.  Just for fun.  Sidenote- throwing the cast net could be one of my favorite things.  Just saying.  Then I began packing my bag.  Because I was heading to McClellanville.  So glorious.  Before I left, I got a phone call.  An amazing phone call.  It was Biz.  I should have known something was up because she told me that I would have to write a song for her wedding.  We happen to talk about that subject a good bit, so I didn't immediately pick up what she was putting down if you get my drift.  Then it hit me.  Oh crap.  Holy Moly.  I think she may be engaged.  As soon as that happened I had to hang up the phone.  Before she even told me.  I don't know why I always feel the need to hang up on the person with the news....At least I didn't drop the F-bomb like I did to Megan.....Whoops...Don't judge.  I composed myself and called back.  She was coming through Mt. Perfect, so it was only natural to meet in the T.J. Maxx parking lot.  We like to keep it classy...So Tyler and I headed to the parking lot.  I was so excited.  Normally I don't get ridonculousy excited about these things, but for some reason I am just so excited for this.  I mean who wouldn't love these two: (Plus its always nice to have some engagement photos taken in front of my car when it is 123 degress....)

 You know I don't like the kissy kissy type pics, but the bride insisted...So I obliged...I mean they are just too dang cute.

After all the congratulating I headed North.  To McClellanville.  To some of my favorite people.  To beautiful surroundings.  To cold beer and fresh fish.  Yes, I was very elated.  So I burned a path to the Carter's house.  It was such a delightful day with some of my favorite people.  I literally sat in the boat for hours.  Just bobbing up and down and chit chatting.  A wonderous past time.  You should try it.  Throw in a cold one and Cheese-its and it will make it that much better.  We were outside forever.  Then we went up to get ready for supper.  While prepping, the next door neighbor came flying up the steps.  Apparently an old person, an injured person and a dog were stuck in their elevator.  Sounds awesome.  So everyone rushed over.  I stayed to man the grill.  And sweat.  And drink the beer so it didn't spoil.  Eventually the victims were rescued just in the nick of time. We had a glorious dinner of fresh grilled mahi, shrimp, crinkled fries, pasta salad, corn on da cob, and assorted fruit.  DELICIOUS.  Betsy made a blue berry pie thing which was life changing.  Blue berries are super foods, so naturally it was healthy.  Then Clay and I went down under the house to start our ping pong championship.  Not to brag, but I won.  It was awesome.  I only took a few pics, so here they are:




I came home this morning to catch church.  Then I went to lunch with some awesome people.  And then I was a lush.  I played MLB on the xbox for like 3 hours.  After being lazy, I headed to the Sass house for Father's Day supper.  On that note, let's talk about Herb.  Well, he's kind of an angel.  For reals.  He's my dad, he's my boss and he's my bestie.  I know no other person like him.  He is loyal, hardworking and sentimental.  Plus, he is chock-full of some wisdom.  He also introduced me to Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Back to the Future, CCR, the Atlanta Braves,  lunch at costco, Citadel sports events  and the 6P's (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance).  I just love him.  A whole lot.  Just look at him:




Well, I'm off to read.  This is week #2 in the "experiment."  Wish me luck!

SRS

2 comments:

  1. Remember that time we were at Andolinis hating on life, and Megan called, and you said are you F-ing engaged? That was fun.

    Still sad that I was home dropping money on tires instead of in McClellenville yesterday - you took good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herb pic number 3 reminds me of Flounder from Animal House.

    ReplyDelete