Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here Fishy Fishy


As I told you yesterday I went fishing. I caught my first fish on a fly rod. Don't get excited..it was a baby fish, but it still counts!(See below) I finally figured out how to get the pics off of my vintage phone thanks to my technologically advanced younger sister...I love fishing. Flat out love it. And I plan to do a heck of a lot more of it this spring and summer. So I want to share something with you. I am a little hesitant to share it out here on the Internet highway, but I think I am going to go for it. This year I have been exposed to some new things and have been learning a lot spiritually. After the retreat I came home knowing that I needed to spend a lot more time with the Lord. I felt like I couldn't hear the Lord. A couple of weeks ago I had a crazy dream. I hesitantly shared it with a friend who is super wise and on a side note-super cool. I have been learning that God sometimes speaks to us in dreams (this used to freak me out by the way..) There is a verse about this in Matthew somewhere. In the dream I was at the intersection on 17 and 5-26. Then I saw a plane crash. After much prayer and thinking we came to the conclusion that maybe the plane represented an end off a season for me. (I thought that was pretty cool) So weeks have gone by and another incredibly awesome friend mentioned the importance of the 5-26 part. This was totally something that just came to her. She said to look up Deuteronomy 5 (5 th book of the bible) Verse 26 (5:26/5-26 get it?) Here is the verse: "For who is there of all flesh, that has heard the voice of the Living God speaking out of the midst of fire as we have and still lived." Now in this part of the passage Moses is teaching of the commandments. I still have to research the context of the passage. Verse 27 reads: "Go near and hear all that the Lord our God will say and speak to us all that the Lord our God will speak to you, and we will hear and do it." CRAZY. I think this is really cool. This may freak you out- I have no idea. But this pumps me up! All along I have been thinking that the Lord doesn't speak to me or that I don't have the ability to hear him. When all along He has been speaking to me. I just didn't know how to listen. He speaks to us all in different ways. I have been consciously and sub consciously comparing myself to others which is always frustrating. Wondering why I wasn't measuring up and what not. I'm am done with that. I am going to enjoy where I am right now because I am excited and super stoked to see what the Lord wants to show me this season. So far it has been pretty incredible. I pray that you would experience the Lord's Joy and that you would take time and listen to what He wants to tell you. So now that I just told you about my spiritual dreams....I hope you will still be my friend and not think I am crazy..ok great.

Love you long time
-Betty Bridesmaid

(This is my baby fish I caught..and yes I threw it back)

Also, as you know I love music. Writing, playing and listening. I have happened upon some stellar tunes today.

Currently rocking out to: "Maybe" by Ingrid Michaelson and "Sing my Lonesome Away" by Matt Wertz. I hope you enjoy. Best 2 bucks you will spend today.

1 comment: