Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Year Team Taster & A Face Lift

First off, how do you like the new blog?  (That's who got a face lift)  You better love it because I stayed up until 2 am trying to figure out how to do it because none of my artsy friends will ever actually help me.  Pretty good for a novice if I do say so myself.

Alright.  Here is the meat and taters.  I mentioned yesterday that I was going to the YT taster. Yes, that is correct.  I actually went. Tyler would have beat me if I was a no show.   And stayed the whole time.   If you don't know what Year Team is then you can look it up on the St. Andrews website because I'm still not exactly sure how to explain it.  Confession.  I have not always had the best attitude on this subject.  In fact, it was negative.  Note that I said "was."   I'm doing better.  Small steps people.  You can't climb a mountain in one day.  Bit of a pride issue.  Those stinking inner vows sure do come back to bite you in the rear.  I know I should probably not write this on here, but I'm calling myself out.  My bad attitude was comprised of several things which I will not disclose all of them on here.  Let's go with the cons first.  One thing is that I always felt like I wouldn't make the cut.  Maybe I'm not good enough or something.  Jury is still out on that one, but they seemed pretty receptive.  Second, I am scared of it.  There are many aspects of YT, but I'm only scared of a few.  You can ask and I will tell you.  Here is a hint.  I am easily scared by people.  I put up a good front, but if you know me, then you know its a bunch of Bologna.  Team building stuff always freaks me out.  I forgot to ask if they make you do a ropes course or wear matching outfits because I don't know if I can handle it.  Maybe I'm scared of commitment too.  Oh, and add some failure to that.  Plus I actually almost died last night.  The food smelled & looked so good.  I took a mammoth bight into the nice, warm, juicy chicken.  Immediately realized it was a bad decision.  It must have been injected with habanero peppers.  My throat began to close up.  Eyes flickered.  Lost consciousness.  My life was playing out before me.  Okay- that is not exactly how it happened, but it was SPICY!!  I managed to save myself though so it was ok.

Now on to the good stuff.  Several people that I absolutely, adore, respect and admire went with me.  The thought of doing something for a whole year with them was not scary at all and I will go as far as to say that it was enticing.  I have also come to know some of the leader folk and they're not too bad either. Just kidding.  They are really great actually and have been more than inviting.  The music was off the chain.  I very much relate to music and it hit home.  I even welled up with a single tear.  Huddle time.  Loved it.  Some of my fave people were in it.  That's how I operate, so it was easy for me.  Plus we watched a clip of Richard Gere.  Who doesn't love Rich?  Outreach.  This is something that I want to do more of.

So here is what I have decided thus far.  It wasn't as scary as I thought.  I still have a laundry list of questions.  Some dumb.  Some serious.  Someone is going to have to answer them.  I like to cover all the bases in these types of things. Here is what I know:  I am actually 100% going to intentionally pray about this.  I always say that I am going to do that, but I'm for real this time.  I'm going to wait.  And listen.  I don't excel in this area so we shall see how it goes.  Hopefully I will know more later.  I would appreciate your prayers.  That's all I've got for now.

PS-Betty has started her project and it's kind of awesome.  So buckle up.

Rock on,

SASS

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog! Way to step out on the YT thing~I will pray for you!
    DWink

    ReplyDelete