Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Betty goes domestic once again

I did something very domestic this past week.  Can I get some snaps??  Ok, ok.  So we had this purple piece of furniture in our garage.  Just sitting there.  All lonely, wanting to be loved.
Here it is in all its glory:


There are actually a lot of things in the Girl Palace garage.  Much of it is unclaimed from past girl palacettes (ones who once resided here, until they traded us in for husbands...bad choice) or it just magically appeared.  I like to think that if something sits untouched at the palace for 1 year, then it is totally fair game.  I hereby declare that the new rule.  So come claim your goods, they are going fast.  Anywho, I decided to adopt the purple piece.  I have never refinished anything before.  So I was keeping the expectations low.  I borrowed a sander, turned up some Dianna Ross & The Supremes and got my sanding on.  It was actually fun.  After 2 days of sanding and priming, I went down to Royal Hardware.  I annoyed the paint man to death because I wasn't sure about the color.  I told him that I was too indecisive on what shade of white and he said he doesn't pick other people's colors.  We were at a standstill.  Finally, I played some hardball and got him to pick.  We went with a mixture of antique white and something else, but I can't remember.  Then I got to work.  It was actually very theraputic and I went on several really good musical journeys.  I picked up a few knobs at Anthro and put on the finishing touches.  It's not perfect, but I did it so it makes me appreciate it a little more.  And now the once rejected purple piece is antique white and living in the palace again!
Some people's trash is another person's treasure.  Treasure may be a little strong here, but I think I shall keep the piece.

Alright.  That's it for now.  Hope you had a good day!

-Betty

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you! I did this to a ton of furniture in my house and I love to do it! Good job; one man's trash is your treasure! Cute knobs too! Mandy

    ReplyDelete