Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jeggings and slang

The fashion world has ambushed me again.  Have you ever heard of Jeggings?  What are jeggings you ask...You know, just your usual cross of jeans and leggings.  That stick to every piece of your body.  As of yesterday I did not know that they existed.  It's like a legging hybrid.  Pricey too.  Good thing I have Becca Wagner to keep me updated in the fashion realm.

OK.  My next topic is totally my opinion and not meant to be offensive in any way.  That being said, I do not understand some slang/ghetto terms.  Do you need an example?  No problem.  Here is a lyric from Nelly's new song:


"My lover, my life. My shorty, my wife."

Shorty.  Is this a term of affection or what?  Never have understood it.  Now I didn't want to just be rambling about on here.  I took the time to research this.  I got on the trusted Urban Dictionary to do some research. (**for those who don't know, don't get on Urban Dictionary. There is some weird stuff and I don't support it.  This was important so I had to go against my better judgement.)  Here is what the scientists at U.D. have to say about "Shorty":


Originally used to mean a young man, new to the game. By new to the game, I don't mean he just meant a rapper, but he just started selling crack, just started rapping, whatever, but even simpler it was a term used to mean just a person much younger than you. Now, commercial rappers have turned the meaning upside down to mean a 'fine female', apparently.


affectionate term for a girlfriend, attractive female or concubine.


Just wanted to throw that out there.  Don't think I would enjoy being a "Shorty."

No comments:

Post a Comment