Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Friday, August 9, 2013

Get it on

Only the few and the proud know this little fact about me (now you will all know):  I love the song "let's get it on" by my good buddy Marvin Gaye.  Not for any weirdo reason- Trust me, I'm not getting it on or anything- but I just love the song and the music.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  So I happen to listen to it a lot in my office (I'm sure my office people think I am a freak).  So I'm standing in line for my beloved ice coffee at Starbucks this morning.  Just doing my normal thing and chit chatting with the coffee gods.  I get my coffee and go over to fix it up just how I like it.  Wouldn't you know ol Marvin comes on the speakers.  I guess I wasn't paying much attention, but according to an exact look a like of Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child, I was getting my singing on.  Halfway through the song, Destiny's Child says "get it girl."  I then realize.  Shit.  I am singing "Lets get it on" fairly loudly in this here coffee shop.  Awesome.  It must have been pretty good because I got a few claps from some fans in line.  Needless to say, I am pretty sure that I can add that to my top 10 most embarrassing moments in time.  Ever. 

Workin it,
SRS

1 comment:

  1. You got that awesome singing/dancing gene from me. You are so fortunate. You really want to dance and sing, listen to "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke. The song of the summer in my world.

    Ginny Sass

    ReplyDelete