Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, June 10, 2013

I hate running: Inspiration

Well, week 1 is in the books.  I'm kind of looking forward to this little "I hate running" series.  Fret not.  I have not had a miraculous change of heart.  I still hate running, even though I have come nowhere near actually running.  But, we have gone 8 days of exercise.  Excluding yesterday.  Yesterday was one of the best days of my life.  I literally sat in the most comfortable chair overlooking the harbor.  For about 10 hours.  Reading Bossypants.  Sorry I'm not sorry.  I was focusing on exercising the mind.  Very important.  Any who.  Today we are talking about inspiration.  I'm a little nervous since my last post in which I declared that I maybe wanted to do a sprint triathlon.  (I'd like to pause a moment and thank you people who have given me great feedback.  much appreciated)  I don't want the public to get too carried away here.  I was just setting some goals.  But, the goals have definitely inspired me.  So here we are.  I was walking down the bridge (thank God) this morning and about 1 jabillion thoughts were racing through my mind.  One of which was Rob.  I'm pretty certain the big man upstairs has been slapping me in the face with obvious inspiration.  So this morning, I thought- I clearly need inspiration/motivation.  Why not, use Rob?  He is in my thoughts and on my heart daily.  What if I did something to honor him?  He didn't have a choice.  I do.  Pretty simple.  So there you have it.  Every morning when my alarm clock slaps me in the face, I'm not going to lie there and curse the day.  Nope.  Not anymore.  I'm going to think of him.  And I'm going to get out of bed on the first alarm.  Not the fifth.  It's only been 8 days and I feel better already.  I'm still slow, and sweaty and complainy, but every day I'm glad I did it.  And that is enough.  And now when I'm sweating my arse off, I will think of my boy.  One, because he used to make fun of me and my ability to sweat like none other.  Two, because I love him.  And that encourages me everyday.  See you out there.

Kick some Sass.

SRS

1 comment:

  1. Excellent - he inspires you and you inspire others. Gotta love that daisy chain!

    ReplyDelete