Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

People of the Bridge: Surprise Bandits


It's no secret.  I drag myself up the bridge alone. By choice.  If you have been reading then you know why.  You can read about it HERE (Recap- no touching, sweating or talking with others).  Well today, the tides were turned.  Over the last few weeks, little jokes were made between my friend Anne and her son, whom we shall call whodeshon.  Actually we can call him his real name.  Sam.  (Side note:  Sam is one of my all time favorite people.  (I actually fully love all of the Jones family.  But let's stick to Sam today)  This kid has made me hold his hand in public which would normally make me pass out on the spot.  You know this.  Instead of passing out I look like a sketchy cradle robber...  Basically a 13 yr old has chucked me right out of my delightful comfort zone.  He makes me laugh all of the time.  Even when I'm not supposed to.  Hilarious.  Plus he's cool.  So there's what you need to know about Sam.  Any who, Sam has been saying that he was going to walk the bridge with me.  Right...  I thought this was pretty much a fat chance, being that he is not old enough to drive.  That means his mom would have to wake up at the crack of dawn to cart him to the bridge.  I mean, I would do no such thing for my unborn children.  I need my beauty sleep.  It came up last night that Sam wanted to walk the bridge.  Yeah right.  Homeboy is on fall break so I knew he (or his mom) would not want to wake up while the moon is still out.  Little did I know that moms wake up in the middle of the night.  So when my alarm went off at 6:21 am I hit snooze.  Just 5 more minutes....  Then it occurred to me that of all people that threaten to meet me at the bridge- this kid could be for real.  Uh oh.  So I got dressed in record time and headed out.  Did I mention that it was pitch black out still?  In my 2 minute drive I reconciled myself to the fact that I was dumb and should have slept another hour because no one in their right mind would come walk the bridge with me.  Especially if they don't have school today.  As I pulled into the gas station lot I was making my way to my spot.  Only to notice two dark figures. One was running at my moving vehicle...   It was in fact Whodeshon and his mom.  I was 50% shocked and 50% elated.  And some percentage of nervous.  I seriously do not know why I get nervous with other people.  It is the weirdest thing.  Ridiculous.  If only you could know what goes on in my mind.  Way too much for pre sunrise.  I feel like rain man or something sometimes.  Maybe that's a stretch.  We headed up the bridge.  Here is my true confession.  Breaking news.  I enjoyed it.  No really.  It was even fun.  I'm not a huge morning person, but it was good.  I even talked up the bridge.  I do not know how, but words and oxygen were in there.  Baby miracles.  It seemed so much easier going up the bridge.  Now, I was forced to hold his hand on the way dawn... but I survived:)  Bottom line:  It was not a terrible experience at all.  In fact, I would do it again.  It was enjoyable exercise.  Not sure if I've ever said that before...  We are moving mountains here people.  Here are some post walk pics:)
I mean, who would not want to walk with this...
This pretty much describes our friendship...

Moving mountains people.

Stay Classy.


1 comment:

  1. Great story, Sarah. I saw you with them yesterday morning and thought, 'Wait a cotton pickin' minute! Sarah ONLY walks the bridge with People of the Bridge and I think that was Anne Jones with her."

    ReplyDelete