Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, October 22, 2012

Southern Ground

This weekend I went to the Southern Ground Music Festival.  Holy Moly.  Awesome.  A lot went down, but I'm only going to bore you with 2 items today. 

1) The Zac Brown Band:  They are like the non Dave Matthews Band version of Dave Matthews Band.  (That does not make sense most likely- but it is making sense over here..) Such incredible musicians.  Gah.  My dream would be to be in their band...  I love when a really good band plays really good cover songs.  "Isn't she lovely" may have been my favorite.  Wait, it would have to tie with "Sweet Emotion." I am now a huge ZBB fan.  100%. 

Then you throw in John Mayer (he was a guest guitarist).  I have mixed emotions on ol John.  Yes, I know he is not the most quality guy.  His dating history is a bit spotty.  He has a thousand un attractive tats all over him (Not a huge tat fan over here)  And yes, he makes incredibly awkward facial expressions while playing.  All of that aside- the man is a hottie when he is clothed and is playing a solo on his electric guitar.  I mean, there is just no other way to put it.  I was geeking out to the extreme when he was playing.  I was trying to mask it, but I'm sure it was obvious.  I had to restrain myself from running onto the stage (Okay, that is a tad dramatic, but I was thinking it..)  gah.  I'm pretty sure that if he proposed to me, I would have to say yes.  Just in case anyone was wondering.  Except for our whole life he would have to be holding the guitar.  He's donezo without it...  All in all- the music was pretty darn stellar.

2) The food.  Was so so so good.  I can't remember what I got, but it came from Zac Brown's kitchen and it was so good that I was incredibly sad when it was gone.  And then there was beer.  One must stay hydrated. 

All in all.  Saturday was a very good day.  Beautiful weather, Incredible music, mouth watering food and fun friends.  I think this may have to become a tradition.  Already looking forward to next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment