Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Friday, October 12, 2012

Thankful in the Fall

Fall-I am so glad you have actually found Mt. Perfect this year.  (Sometimes fall forgets to come).  Even if it is temporary, it is AWESOME.  There is nothing better than walking outside and just feeling so good only because the weather is glorious.  Since I have recently morphed into a book reading, guitar playing, candle lighting, introverted recluse- I welcome this beautiful fall weather.  I can't wait to just lay on my hammock and read.  (Isn't this what every 27 yr old girl wants to do all the time?).  I also can't wait to just go wandering around without having a heat stroke.  Yes, this is just awesome. 

Sorry I have been a little absent.  I haven't had too much to write about lately.  However, I have been processing lots of little different things.  I feel like all of a sudden there are a million things that I want to try.  Such as Jazz guitar, cello, drums, cooking.  The creative juices are flowing like none other.  I am having a hard time just taking them one at a time.  (Plus I have to work here and there) 

I've been feeling super blessed this week.  I kind of was in a bit of a rut the last month (fear, insecurity, vain imaginings, etc- the usual), but in the midst of it I realized some cool things.  One is that I feel so blessed to have such great people in my life.  Just the last two weeks I have had a genuine sense of love and joy towards some of my friends.  Don't judge- but I could literally start thinking or talking about someone and it could make me tear up.  As weird as that is, I am so so so glad.  Thankful is what I am on that one.  I am also so thankful to have people in my life that teach me new things all the time.  Even when they are not meaning to.  So cool.  I hope that one day I can do that for other people.

I think I kind of finally saw things in a different perspective.  I love that I have friends that are older than me and that are wise and kind.  That actually take the time to be friends.  I am thankful that I have friends that love me like part of their families.  It's so fun and cool to get to know not just one person, but their whole family.  You get to see how people really are.  That's my favorite part.  You get to do life together.  I am so thankful for my friends and roommates.  Especially when we are all trying to do life and figure things out together. As hard as it can be, it's often quite funny.  Thankful to have people that will go sit in a coffee shop and talk for hours, buy cellos, ride bikes or quote Parenthood and FNL.(No Tim Riggins reminiscing ever gets old over here).  Also, I am so thankful that basically my whole entire family lives here.  Thankful that I can see them any time.  Basically- I just think its cool how God surprises us sometimes.  When something has been right in front of us the whole time and it takes us coming to the end of ourselves for us to see it.  Just a few weeks ago I was like the most insecure person on this planet.  And then today I am all sappy/emotional about how great my friends are.  I think the Lord puts people in our lives that test us, that challenge the junk out of us, that teach us, that love us and that show us who it is that God is calling us to be.  So cool.  I hope that i can be that way for someone else. (more on the love side- less on the testy side).  So that's where I am this Friday.  Thankful.

Later Gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment