Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Throne.

So I read something interesting today.  I've read it a few times before, but it struck a different chord today.  I am in the midst of reading my little Graham Cooke mini series.  Let me break it down as I see it.  (Holy Spirit for dummies is how I roll.)

Hebrews 4:16
"Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

The throne of grace sounds super powerful here.  Um, why have I not viewed as powerful before 2k12?  It is a place of authority.  It is the bottom line.  This place of authority is also where we will find grace and mercy.  OK.  I'm liking this.  When we go to the throne of grace, we can't go with fear.  We must go with confidence.  Condemnation prevents us from forgiveness.  It halts us from approaching God.  The Father.  It leads not to freedom, but to shame.  I don't know why, but this rocked my world today. 

Here is one more little Graham Cooke nugget for you to chew on:

Christendom is called to give the earth a taste of what heaven will be like.  If more Christians would stand up in the goodness of God, acting out in every facet of their lives, society would be changed immensely.  I mean- why don't I do this more?  Why don't we as a church do this more?  Just thought I'd share:)


No comments:

Post a Comment