Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Friday, February 3, 2012

Take that Pinterest

BEHOLD, hell hath frozen over.  Okay, okay that is a bit dramatic, but I have reason to celebrate.  Last night I went one on one with the Pinterest.  Mano y mano.  (no idea if that is spelled right).  Last time Pinterest and I went at it- I got my arse kicked.  I was determined this time. I had done my research and was ready.  I was going to make goat cheese, 3 cheese mac n cheese in the cast iron skillet.  Yeah, you heard right.  So I went to the Trader Joes to get my arsenal. I'm staying with the Wagner ninas, so I had good food tasters (which included their small pack of friends).  I was a bit nervous that this would flop and there would be 4 hungry teenagers judging me (just a small thought).  I turned on my new (and incredibly awesome) music, opened a nice cold diet coke, lit a candle and got to work.  I also sauteed some mixed veggies and pan cooked some chicken breasts marinated in Sweet Baby Ray's Terryaki sauce. Yum yum in the tum tum.  One hour later- we were ready to roll.  I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised that I made the mac n cheese without any major probs.  So BOOM.  Pinterest, it is now 1 to 1.   Here is the mac n cheese:
Not to toot my own horn here, but I'm 100% proud of myself.  If you think about it, say a prayer.  Betty Bridesmaid is off to meet her destin today.  It will either be awesome.  Or terrible.  I will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Chef Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment