Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, February 6, 2012

Adventurous

This weekend was full of adventure.  On saturday me, Betsy and Leigh headed to the woods to some hour wheelin.  Not going to lie- we were pretty bad A.  We took the trails.  Except the last leg.  You see, we got on the trail thinking that it was 12 miles long.  At around 5 pm we passed mile marker 17.  Oops.  We thought that maybe we looped on to another trail.  It began to get dark.  We were trying to keep our cool.  A mile later we ended up on the hwy.  Oops again.  After some good navigating, we came flying into the trail head right before dark.  Only to be warned that we had just missed $500 worth of Federal fines.  Ooops.  It was hilarious.  I would like to note that we three are pretty cool gals.  Not to toot our horns or anything.
Yesterday was so so so beautiful.  I decided that I needed some Sarah time.  And some boat time.  So I took the ol boat out.  I made a playlist and grabbed my boots then headed for the landing.  It was AWESOME.  I headed north up the Wando.  I took my fly rod so that I could practice some fly casting in the elements.  I don't know if you have ever fly casted before, but it is seriously one of the most theraputic things I have ever done.  You are standing on the bow of the boat, nothing in front of you except water and beautiful landscape and it feels like time stops.  I'm not joking. I love it.  I love the feel of it.  I love the sound of it.  I could be out there all day.  It was one of the most serene times that I have ever had on the boat.


I finished it up with some super bowl watching with some of my favorite peeps.

Make good choices,
SRS

PS: cross your fingers for betty bridesmaid.  it's almost go time.





No comments:

Post a Comment