Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, February 20, 2012

Keeping it Kosher

I have to say, it twas a good weekend.  Busy, but good nonetheless.  This is going to be a jumbled post so bear with me please.  Or hit the x at the top of our screen.  On Friday afternoon I hit the road to the concrete jungle otherwise known as Columbia.  Logan and I were meeting MCC at her house.  We were going to dinner and a movie.  Yes, I understand that I drove 120 miles to go eat mexican and see The Vow.  PS- The Vow's ending is muy terrible.  Sorry, but if I woke up from a coma and Channing Tatum told me that we were married- I would not complain.  It was fun being with these friends:)
I really do miss them a lot.  They are keepers.  Except they did ditch me for husbands...
It was a good time.  We awoke to the guys making breakfast.  Not gonna lie, I could get used to that.
We had many interesting conversations during our 16 hour stay.  Logan and her hubs are being vegetarians for the month of February.  I thought I could try it.  I lasted 3 minutes.  Then out came the BACON!
I did not get far.  On Saturday night I found myself out at the Senf's.  The T. Senf's to be correct.  I love the Senf's.  Both the S. Senf clan and the T. Senf clan.  Plus they live in the same hood so it's easy to barge in on both:)  Their friends were in town and it was Shabbat.  Seriously- I acted like I knew what that meant, but really had no idea.  They said to come for a Jewish dinner.  Now, I thought this was like some Christians acting Jewish for the night... Ha.  Nope.  It was legit.  There were legit Jewish people there.  And they are awesome.  Seriously cool people.  I learned a whole lot of new things during this shindig.  I even constructed a mini Venn diagram to learn about Jews and Christians.  I think I narrowed it down to a couple big differences.  Jews- no pig.  Christians-lots of pig.  Jews-actually have a day of Sabbath.  Christians-we try (sometimes) and it doesn't really work out.  There are more, but those are my favs.  All during dinner I kept wondering if I could observe Jewish law for a month.  Or a week.  Or a day.  I just don't know if I could do it.  I mean, no bacon?  Ah.  I don't even think I could go meatless for one day... Sad.  However, I feel much more cultured than I did before the weekend.  Yesterday was awesome.  Got to have lunch with Mere and hit n run Bosch.  Then we went to visit Caroline and had a glorious Castle marathon.  All in all it was a good weekend.  If only I didn't have to work today...  Last night we did happen upon a beautimous sunset!


 Shalom,

SRS

No comments:

Post a Comment