Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Friday, July 19, 2013

Confession

Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness. 
-Brene Brown 
 
 
This is a quote from a woman that I admire.  Brene Brown.  You should definitely check her out HERE.  I like her because she is all about getting real.  But, not in a scary, tell me all of your secrets or let me read your journal way.  She approaches vulnerability through relationships.  I know I've said this many times before, but I think vulnerability is the key to many things.  Relationships.  Friendships.  Self love.  Discovery.  And more.  Over the years I can tell that it has become easier for me to be vulnerable.  I almost can't even do small talk anymore.. But, as I have become more vulnerable, I've realized that I tend to have a controlled vulnerability.  What is that you ask?  I'm no doctor, but for the most part I can share a good amount, but I tend to hold on to a couple of things.  I like to think this is good (and I think sometimes it is), but I also realized that I hold onto those things with God too.  Which is not so good. But, weirdly, when I do not hold onto these things I do feel uncomfortable.  Extremely uncomfortable.  But, I also feel strong.  And a pinch of courageous.  And it makes me better.  Better as a person, better as a friend and better as a daughter of the king.  We were made for relationship.  Or at least I was.  We can't be in relationship if we aren't being ourselves and sharing our hearts.  I'm the first to admit that this is NOT easy.  I'm the worst culprit.  CONFESSION: I let someone in a little and then they think that's all I needed to share and then I roll out (sharing wise).  I am hereby ratting myself out.  But, I am also working on this.  Daily.  It's a struggle, but it's worth it to me.  Find people you can talk to.  It's important.  So there you have it.  Praying that you will have truth & courage.  And a good friend.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment