Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Granny Panties


The title of this blog is a bit dramatic, but desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures.  Ha.  So at the end of this month I turn the big 25 (pull out the granny panties).  I know.  I can't believe it either.  I remember being like 12 and having my life planned out.  I think back then I planned on having about 3 kids and living in a mansion by the time I was 25.  Well that's what I ended up with when playing MASH. (If you don't know what MASH is then you missed a lot in middle school).  MASH may have been a bit wrong, since I don't have 3 babies (thank God) or live a mansion (wouldn't be too bad) and I didn't marry Zack Morris or Mike Seaver.....  I may have gotten a little off track.  For some reason 25 seems a bit scarier than the other years.  I personally liked 17 and 21.  I wouldn't mind going back to those years...In all seriousness I am a bit apprehensive about gaining another year.  Hopefully I will not be slipping into a quarter life crisis. 25 is a solid number.  It is a real adult age.  I can't pull of the "oh I just graduated from college....3 years ago..  Truthfully I just don't feel 25 yet.  I mean I still like to do do kid stuff and drink Capri Suns.  I'd rather play baseball or basketball or XBOX than go shopping or get my nails done.   I don't think adult hood is ready for me yet. I may have to keep prolonging it.   I'm probably not even mature enough to be 25.. Maybe I am wrong though.  Maybe 25 is going to be my kick butt year.  You never know.  24 was the year of bridesmaidenship.  Maybe 25 will be the year of _________.  I will have to discover something cool to be the theme of year 25. OK. I am going to bed.  Clearly I am delirious.  
(my parents 25 years ago-right before this bundle of joy came..)
(Its me!..hahah strapped to the boat...real safe...)
(Another bday..far from 25....)
(Just your average super cool 12 yr old bday...)
(Then I had to go and turn 21...the oldness begins)
(23...and getting older....)

Just had to give you a little visual timeline......
Sometimes I can be dramatic.  Sorry.  Its who I am.  Okay, I have to go watch Antoine Dodson for the 3,456 time.  Run and tell that...
-SRS


No comments:

Post a Comment