Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, July 5, 2010

Thank You America


First off, America, I love you.  I am so glad/appreciative/proud to live here.  That being said, I just had the best 5 days I have had in a very long time.  That is saying a lot because, as you know, I like to have fun.  About 2 weeks ago I was starting to get a little bummed that I am no longer in college/after college sabbatical and can't just go in the boat everyday.  Just when I thought I was down on my luck things picked up.  Cassie (my fav little miniature..) called and invited my to partake in part of the Dodd's vacay 2010 for a night or two.  Who would want to pass that up.  So my spirits began to lift. I had it planned perfectly.  I had done a ton of work the last week so I had a lighter load during the vacay week.  Can I pause and say this is my favorite part of my job (besides getting to work with Herb:).  My schedule is awesome.  So flexible.  If I finish all of my work I can leave.  You better believe I finish quick...Anyways, I busted tale getting all of my work done by Tuesday night.  It just so happens I got another awesome call on Tuesday evening from my friend Shawn.  Shawn is awesome.  Don't know how else to describe.  Moving on.  She said I could come out to Bailey Island and hang.  Bailey Island is on Edisto so it worked out PERFECT.  I landed on Bailey Island Wednesday afternoon.   As soon as I got on the island I got so so excited.  Edisto is amazing.  Hands down one of the most beautiful places I have been to.  I have been going there my whole life and each time I go I love it more and more.  So for the 1st two days I hung with the Dupre's at Bailey Island.  I had so much fun.  I can't tell you how nice it is to have no cell phone, no computer and no schedule.  Plus the Dupre's rock.  Boat, crabs, guitar, XBOX, beer, pancakes, laughing, boat, fishing, boat and awesome company pretty much describes my time at Bailey Island.  I should add that they have dos ninos.  Gervais and Hamlin.  Hilarious.  I pick on them, they pick on me.  Love it.
On Fri morning I headed to Edisto beach to see the Dodd's. I also made a pit stop at the Sasser's to say hello.  The crowd had thinned out so it was just Mattie, Casserole, Karen and I at the beach.  Perfect combination.  I laughed so hard that night that my stomach  was hurting so bad.  We had happy hour or hours...then went out to supper.  Then we got in the car and cruised around listening to some Gap Band and Hall and Oats...You know I love a good sing session in the car.  I cannot even describe how much fun we had.  The next day we went to the dock on Russell Creek to float around, tan and read.  Some of my favorite activities...After a few PBR's and diet cokes later we headed back to the house.  Mattie cooked us a stellar supper.  After supper I headed back to Bailey Island.  For another awesome 2 days and 4th of July.  We rode in the boat all day and it was so great.  Then we lit off a ton of fireworks.  Who doesn't love fire and blowing things up.  I can't believe I'm saying this because I am such a snob about the low country, but the waterways/creeks at Edisto blow the socks off of Charleston's.  There. I said it.  See above pic for a small glimpse.  Hopefully the Dupre's still like me after having to spend so much time with me...hahah. So today I packed up and headed north back to Chucktown.  I stopped by the office to make sure I still had a job..and headed to Mt. Perfect.  I ended the day at the Carmody's dock with some of my favs, which is always delightful.
Being at Edisto was so good.  So beautiful and so relaxing.  I am so glad that I got to go.  I'm going to get a little gushy here, but we live in an incredible place.  Every time I looked out over the marsh at Bailey Island I couldn't help, but thank God for creating such a beautiful place.  I am so thankful to see it so often.  Okay. Sorry this is so long, but it was definitely worth the words.  To me at least.
Love you longtime,
SRS

No comments:

Post a Comment