Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, May 30, 2011

Sass in the synagogue

First off, I am tired.  Blogging while deliriously tired is not always a good idea so please keep that in mind. So Friday I was at work.  It was just your average day and I just so happened to get a text.  It started out pretty normal.  Something along the lines of "Do you want to ride with me to get Tessa (she is moving, so sad) her going away present?"  Well sure.  I love a good ride along.  I didn't start asking questions until we were en route.  Turns out we were headed to the synagogue. To get a horn for them to blow.  A Jewish horn.  That I guess was on a ram or something.  Just your typical Friday afternoon adventure.  Who hasn't been to the synagogue?  So we navigated our way to a perfect spot right in front of our destination.  The synagogue is cool because they don't play.  You can't just be passing through.  You have to talk on an intercom and be buzzed in.  High security.  The Jews (the Jewish gift shop worker called herself a Jew and said it was ok to say Jews) were not messing around.  So we made our way to the gift shop.  I would just like to add that I thought this whole thing was hilarious.  We found some good stuff.  I was trying so hard to be politically correct and not offend anyone.  I was just roaming around taking pictures and laughing.  Then they brought out the boxes of horns.  You would be amazed at the variety.  It was a tight selection process, but eventually the right horns were chosen.  We then talked the lady into taking us into the synagogue.  Where the magic happens.  I will say-it was very pretty.  She informed me that they have to go to church on Friday nights...No comment.  I also had a really hard time understanding her anytime she started speaking Jewish.  Those are hard words...Here are some pics from browsing:


The last one is my personal fave.  So there you have it.  I am very cultured now that I have experienced the synagogue.  Since we are on the subject, I've got to give a shout out to Tessa.  She rocks.  Hands down, one of my all time favorite people.  Run and tell that.  She is moving to the great state of Virginia. I am sad.  Mildly (if not more) depressed.  But I can't dwell on that.  Tessa, I will miss you.  Thank God for technology.  Love you long time.

Alright, that's all I've got for now.

-SRS

No comments:

Post a Comment