Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Church Lady Dodgeball


Dodgeball + women + St. Andrews = AWESOMENESS.  Yes.  It was awesome.  Today was the 2nd Annual St. Andrews Womens Dodgeball Exhibition.  It's a new tradition.  I will just go ahead and say that this is my favorite church event.  Hands down.  Plus it's hilarious.  We started with some biblical reasoning behind dodgeball (we like to keep it spiritual) and then the madness began.  The reigning champions (my team) came back ready to fight the wed huddle.  I had to do a little recruiting to get some of our oldies back.  We were smaller in number, but we prevailed.  We were TEAM AWESOME.  Team awesome consisted of me (Headshot Princess), Eliza The Preggo, Laura Watch yo back Williams, Becky Kerrageous, Susalee the sweet asSASSin (She looks sweet, but give her a ball...) & we had a guest player, Rennie Move it or lose it Moorman (She substituted in for Rebecca Longshot.  Not trying to toot our own horns here, but we destroyed them.  5-0.  I will say that Becky took a nice shot to the head, but recovered nicely to help clinch the victory.  I really wish you could have seen it.  It was hilarious.
 Blood was only drawn once
 They look sweet, don't be fooled.

 We got MVP.  Those are dodgeballs in my shirt.  Just so you know...
 Not exactly my best beauty moment....

All in all, it was a good time.  Well at least for our team anyways...

-SRS

2 comments:

  1. It was awesome! I had no idea the level of competition! What a talented bunch of women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sass! Didn't know you were a blogger too!

    ReplyDelete