Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lumberjacks & The Nutcracker

On Saturday night I attended my first ever lumberjack themed bday.  Yes.  You heard right.  The Alexander's threw baby Henry a lumberjack party.  This is actually quite fitting.  Side note- I love Hannah and Matt.  No joke.  Pre marriage and during marriage.  They are awesome.  Hannah is seriously one of the coolest people that I know.  Slash the nicest.  Just saying.  End side note.  There were lumberjack people, lumberjack food, lumberjack drinks and football.  And lots and lots of kids running around.
 One highlight of my night was seeing Megan hold a baby.  For more than 1 minute.
 Check out these 2 cool cats...
 The birthday lumberjack
 Here comes my favorite part of the night.  The beautiful lil nugget below (Fisher).  I won't write his mom's name on here for protection...hahah.  He could be one of my all time favorite babies.  Seriously. I love him.  Well he was wandering about and I happened to pick him up off of the floor.  Clearly he had put something in his mouth.  His mom was yelling to stick my hand in there and get it.  I assumed it was a Lincoln log because he was popping lil logs into his mouth all night.  So my motherly instincts kicked in and a jammed my hand in there.  Only to pull out some un-identifiable particles.  I thought it was chunks of dirt at first.  So I wiped it all on my pants.  Fisher started crying.  I realized that I smelt poop.  I thought he pooped his pants so I tossed him right over to his un identified mom.  She immediately realized he did not take a poop.  No he did not.  He ATE THE POOP.  I immediately smelt it on my hands.  I then went into one of the largest laughing spells that I have ever had.  Seriously.  I know it sounds gross, but it was hilarious.  Poor guy.  Ate poo.  The best part was that the "mom" and I were dying laughing in the kitchen, holding the crying baby at the sink and no one knew why.  Oh man.  My face still hurts from laughing.  But, seriously, look how cute he is.  Especially bearded.
 Just one more..
Today was a little more low key.  I got to kick off the holiday season today by going to see The Nutcracker at the Sottile Theatre.  Nightmere and I went to see Emma Senf rock it in the ballet.  I feel so cultured now.  So now I am sitting here sipping my hot chocolate, Internet Xmas shopping and organizing pictures.  I'd say it was a pretty good weekend.

Don't eat poop,

SRS

1 comment:

  1. I know that unidentified mom and baby very well and that is very fitting for her and absolutely hysterical. Where did he grg it from???

    ReplyDelete