Pages

Just a little bit of guns & dresses

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Big Tease

I like love Pinterest.  But lets get real.  She is nothing, but a big ole tease.  One can spend countless, delightful hours designing boards and pinning magical things.  In hopes of one day actually making the things one pins.  Or owning a house that looks as magical as the ones on our boards.  (I don't know how these people have so much style and creative ideas.)  Where will I ever meeting a guy that's as cute as the ones on our boards...  And what girl that has a Pinterest account doesn't have a wedding board of some sort??  Yeah. We are all guilty.  Big tease.  The wedding rings that I may have accidentally pinned on mine are probably worth more than any house I want or they are sitting in Kate Middleton's jewelry box.  At the palace.  My outfits will not probably ever come close to looking like they do on ol Pinny.  Yeah.  Definitely never going to happen.  I actually almost attempted to bring Pinterest to life yesterday.  I decided that I was going to make something I found on Pinterest to give to families as Christmas presents.  So after searching through all of Mt. Pleasant for quart sized mason jars, I finally landed at the Piggly Wiggly.  I had Katie Wags with me for support, so naturally the moral was low.  Ha.  I almost had a meltdown looking for ingredients.  I am just not cut out for this kind of stuff.  $50 bucks later i had 78% of what I needed.  I was not fairing well my friends.  Within 1 hour I realized that I was probably not going to be able to reproduce the image that I had pinned on Pinterest.  I mean, the chances were slim my friends.  So, naturally, I returned every single item at 9pm last night.  The customer service man (who happened to be my 5th grade teacher) said he isn't used to people returning so many items.  All the cool people are doing it right?  2% of me feels defeated.  The other 98% is thankful that I am not measuring out ingredients and tamping them into a mason jar.  Freedom!  If you don't get a present- sorry.  My mental health is more important than you getting chocolate chip oatmeal quick bread in a cute mason jar.  Ain't happening.  So I will now get back to work.  While accidentally pinning things here and there:)

1 comment:

  1. The only gift most of us want is to see your face sometime over the Christmas holidays. Love you.

    ReplyDelete