Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Takin it back old school

I don't know about y'all, but I have been talking to myself all day. Not like actually talking out loud, but I have been thinking a lot today. As I mentioned last post, I went on a retreat this past weekend. I came home knowing that I needed to have a lot more qt time with the Lord. So not knowing exactly what that meant, I journeyed over to my faithful bookcase(one of my favorite adult purchases) in search of a little help. I came across a book that I have had for at least 5 years, but have not even glanced at it. You may know it- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. I never opened it before because I always thought it was too hard for me. So last night I decided I was doing it full force. So I opened to Feb 22 and stopped dead in my tracks. The first thing on the page was "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. That is exactly what I had been praying about all weekend. Then the title of the day was "Spiritual Perseverance"-yet another subject of my prayers. It is so cool how the Lord works. I just wanted to share that sweet little nugget.

I finished work early today so I got home around 3. It was so beautiful out and I decided to spend some quality time outside. I pumped up my bike tires and decided to go for a ride about. I headed for the Pitt St. bridge. It was a glorious ride. I think I am obsessed with where I live. I may never be able to leave for an extended period of time.I have yet to find a place as naturally pretty as ol Mt. Perfect. For some reason I had high school on the brain. I kept thinking of my friends from high school. Maybe because I miss them. Good Ol Wando. I had some good times. I always feel bad for everybody else because I don't think there is any one else who had as great of friends as I did-and still do!. I love them so so so much. Since many of you were not there here are some pics you may enjoy! (please ignore the boy hair cut I was sporting..)

No comments:

Post a Comment