Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Confessions of a Shopaholic and some extras

Before we get started.  I have a nerdy confession.  You know when you are a little kid and you get a present you really like?  You kind of refuse to put it down.  You may even sleep in it?  Are you tracking with me here?  Yeah, well this girl, the self proclaimed shopaholic in prissy boot camp changed into pajamas last night to begin her 1 millionth episode of Gossip Girl (Prissiness transformation also includes tv shows).  While in my pj's I decided to leave my new, super cool, super stylish, super loved, super surprise present necklace on while watching gossip girl in my polar bear pjs.  I felt very posh..  I honestly kept staring at it because it really is cool.  (I'm pretty sure Serena on Gossip Girl would wear it...) Any who I woke up with it on today... hahah.  Yall may have created a monster...

Any ways, I have 2 nuggets for you today on this Thursday.  Here is the first one.  I LOVE THIS QUOTE.  I also think it is 100% true.  Roar on.
Here is #2.  I am an avid reader of Donald Miller's blogs.  I may also have an Internet crush on him.  My motto is always crush from a distance...  He wrote a blog today that basically validated many of my thoughts.  It's about not taking social cues from your peers and yada yada yada.  I have a lot of friends that are older than I am and for some reason never knew why except that they are all pretty much badasses and awesome. (Power to the moms)(And not moms) And they love me really well and hopefully that helps me to be a better person.  Don't get me wrong, I love all of my friends.  Sometimes slash lots of times its good to have older friends because they tend to give good advice.  Or honestly, they see the bigger picture and can subtly or not subtly help you to be the person that you or God wants you to be (Getting deep here..)  Sometimes the Donald just speaks my language.  I will leave you with two excerpts that I think are important.  You should check out his blog sometime. 
 
"Instead of taking social cues from people your age, take cues from people ten and twenty years older than you."
 
"Because the sooner you can relate to their priorities, the sooner you’ll be ready for the next stage of your life. I’m in my late thirties but I’m more interested in hanging out with people who are retired. What’s it teaching me? It’s teaching me that what ultimately matters later in life are friendships, family and love. In matters of faith, what they value most is not theological debate, but closeness with Jesus and unity with other believers."
 
 
Stay cool,
Make some friends,
Lil fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment