Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Backstreets Back

Welcome to today's ramblings... Eject now
I have been singing some old school backstreet boys all day.  And people, I have an announcement.  I think Sarah Sass is back.  Where have I been?  Many places.  Neither here nor there.  But, one things is for damn sure- I have not been myself.  This whole grief deal has been royally kicking my ass, but I feel different today. I'm not saying that its all over and I am back to normal.  Far from it.  I'm saying that I feel more myself today than I have in 8 months and I'll take it.  (this could be the lunch time mimosas talking)

I love this weather.  Colder.  Rainy.  Today I got to wear a long sleeve t shirt without sweating(although I spilled all over it at lunch..).  I got to cruise around in my new car (which I adore 100%).  I got to completely rock out to good music.  Windows down.  Seat warmer on.  New backwards hat.  Total bliss.  That my friends is the version of myself that I love.  I haven't felt myself in a long, long, long time.  I could feel it in the ole heart.  Hence why I was singing backstreets back...  Any who.  Just thought you should know.  I'm sure we could have a crash and burn sometime soon, but it's good to know the old self is still in there:)

I had another thought today.  I thought about how I love people.  Not in the sense of loving on people.  But in the sense of I just absolutely love the people I know.  Maybe not everyone all the time...  But, I have just been surprised/overwhelmed/thankful by people lately.  I don't know if it was because last week was my birthday or what.  I am 100% blessed to know the greatest people on the planet.  For real.  In our bible study we have been learning how we were made to be relational/in community.  I LOVE that.  I love that we get the chance to do that.  So thank you to the people.  I love you.  If I tackle you its out off pure joy.  Just walk it off.  Stay classy.

Clear eyes, full hearts,

SRS 

No comments:

Post a Comment