Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Live Like Rob

It's been 2 months since we said good bye to Rob.  Well, I wouldn't say that I've gotten to the good bye part quite yet, but I'm working on it.  Not to be too dramatic over here, but last week is the first week that I think I've felt "more normal." If that even makes sense.  I'll be brutally honest here- Every day it hits me all over again.  And it sucks.  For a really long time, that would make me mad and sad and crazy at the same time.  I felt like a freak every single day when it would cross my mind.  Now it's different.  Now I welcome it in a weird way.  Probably because I don't ever want Rob to not cross my mind.  As much as I know that he is not here with us anymore, he still seems so alive (I promise I'm not crazy).  Every time I see a terrible e card on Pinterest, I go to text it to him.  I even started drinking seltzer water because it reminds me of him.  I stooped as low as to look up a Roy D. Mercer clip the other day (yeah...).   Not proud of that one.  Almost every time that I have a long drive to a property for work, I catch myself welling up with tears.  I just plain miss him.  His whole ginormous personality.  His laugh.  His voice.  Even his darn sarcasm.  I can't even hardly bash on crocs anymore...  I saw some dude hauk a lugie the other day and let me tell you- the man had nothing on Rob Shore.  Our boy had some serious talent (sorry to gross you out:)  Every time someone asks about him, it hits me again.  But, it's ok.  I love talking about him.

Every day I have the same questions, the same doubts and the same conversations with God.  And every day I still don't have the answers that I'm looking for.  Not even sure that I will ever get the answers.  But, I know that it's ok.  Somewhere, deep down, I know that it is ok.  Not saying I feel ok all the time or anything.  Nah, if I could, I would probably have a good little cry everyday.  But, that's prolly not the way to go about it.  But, alas, here is something very, very cool that has come out of all of this.  Something that I am so excited about!

Live Like Rob.  On July 26th, we are throwing Rob Shore the biggest and best birthday party ever.   There will be live music, shagging, silent auction, bar, great stories and more importantly, a place to honor Rob and raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.  So come one, come all.  This is a birthday party that you will not want to miss.  The throw down will be at Lighthouse on the Creek, 7:30-11:00 pm.  There are a limited amount of tickets, so jump on it.  If you are reading this, then we are most likely friends.  Which means you will be hearing about this event a whole lot more.  So, just go head and get your tickets.  Or we won't be friends (okay, we can still be friends).  You can read more about it HERE.
Or you can purchase tickets/ read more info HERE.  Seriously.  Do not make me ask you twice:)  I promise that you will want to be a part of this.  If you would like to be a sponsor let me know.

Run and tell that.  (Spread the word)


Love you brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment