Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, January 28, 2013

Opposition

A friend sent me this article in either November or December and I am just now getting around to actually taking it all in.  I just so happened to re read it today and it really got my attention.  Last week was pretty terrible at work.  This week has potential to be worse (just sayin).  Plus the whole retiring of the Girl Palace has been a little a whole lot sadder than I anticipated.  Change.  I DO NOT LIKE IT ONE TINY LITTLE BIT.  But, alas, it is out of my control.  Which I also don't love..  So read this quick, tiny, little page of truth right here:
http://utmost.org/the-law-of-opposition/

So, the article got my attention.  The fact that there is a constant struggle in the physical, mental, moral and spiritual parts of life is big.  I often don't acknowledge a lot of these at times. (A lot of times).  Anything that does not strengthen me morally is the enemy of the virtue within me. Wow.  If I want to overcome and produce virtue, it depends on the moral excellence in my life.  We have to fight for this.  It's in the choices we make.  Our world, our culture is saying one thing and we are called to another.  Morality just does not just happen.  We have to learn it and live it and fight for it.  The same goes for our spiritual lives.  The article notes that anything which is not spiritual leads to my downfall.  This is one facet that I tend to disregard on a very regular basis.  I think that little things I do or say or think don't really have an affect on little old me, but that my friends is not true.  That's when I get myself in a little trouble.  The little things have a bigger grasp then I like to think. 

It's just something to think about.  Definitely not saying I am good at this.. 

Have a good week,
SRS

No comments:

Post a Comment