Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's all good

Not so much.  Or maybe not today.  Alright, I have a grab bag of things to talk about, but for the sake of the general public, I will only expound on a few.  I have had a bad 2nd half of the day so this is being written in anger; therefore, read at your own discretion please.  Do not be offended.

1) Facebook.   At huddle we have been learning about vulnerability.  Which means getting real.  Not acting a certain way with one group and then changing to be another way with another group.  When people ask you how you are doing, you tell the truth. Bottom line.  I like to think that most of the time I am real.  Vulnerable.  What you see it was you get.  (At least I hope that's how I roll. Correct me if I am wrong.  Actually- I wouldn't mess with me today.  You could wind up with some injuries or a stank eye.)  Here is the problem.  People spend way too much time on Facebook, comparing themselves to other people.  It's easy to think everyone has the best time ever if they are mobile uploading cool pics and writing ridiculously perfect statuses.  I'm all for putting whatever one wants to put on their profile, but people can get caught in the Facebook trap.  Not everyone is living the dream all of the time.  Life is messy.  Crud happens.  But, it's okay.  Because everyone has to deal..  They just may never say it.  Also, Facebook relations are not real time.  Yes, its fun to connect with people, but it's not anywhere near face to face.  Just today someone told me that I looked like I was having a ball based on some hunting mobile uploads and sunset pics.  Well, yes I went hunting last Saturday, but to be honest, this Wednesday has not been all rainbows and butterfiles.  I could mobile upload a picture of my broken down Volvo and the bill to fix it, but the Volvo is at the shop (its second home).  And who wants to see that any who?  However I could upload a pic of a beautiful sunset and you would never know that I was ready to light my car on fire.  I am saying all of this not to bash FB ( I have one), but it's easy to portray something that isn't necessarily the real deal.  Or to believe that you are missing out on something.  I mean, my status today would most likely be : "Well today I spilt iced coffee down my skirt, fell up someones garage steps, got a $4,300 note of strong suggestions for my Volvo and I'm not bitter at all.  Happy Wednesday to me."  To me, Facebook is like a year round, 24 hour Christmas card.

Which leads me to #2.

2) The Christmas Card.  I have a love hate relation with the cards.  Don't get me wrong-Some are flat out adorable and I like to see how everyone is looking.  Some are RIDICULOUS.  It's actually the letters that accompany the card that get me.  (Now, some I really do love)  They can be very informative.  Some, not so much.  It's like a novel about just how awesomely amazing one's family/husband/kids/pets are.  Talk about tooting the old horn here.  Glory story bonanza.  I mean, from the looks of the letters- Everyone is living the dream.  Perfectness.  All of the time.  Sometimes, I just can't handle it.  I'm very proud that little Johnny can now chew solid foods.  And wow, Betty Sue can color inside the lines.  And husband Bob is amazing in every way.  He even cooks.  You couldn't be more blessed.  Mom of the year is in the bag.  Sorry if you are getting offended.. I am just venting.  Please keep sending me the cards.  I like them.  I mean it.  I need them for my Pinterest project.   But, I wouldn't mind every once in a while to hear some good ole life situations...  I'd like to hear the real deal.

So there you have it.  My soapbox of the day.  We just have to be aware of things.  It's okay to not be perfect all of the time.  Or at least that's what I think.  We also need to be aware that everyone else isn't perfect all of the time.  It's an easy trap to fall into.

Stay real,
Prinsass

1 comment:

  1. Hehe...look to The Original and be Authentic!!!! Those cards posts and letters maybe aren't:) Most of us live in the middle of a goat rodeo!!!!! Mandy

    ReplyDelete