Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh whitney..don't do me like that

I miss you, but you did me wrong today.  I have gotten myself ahead at work this week so I decided to head out a little early today.  After serving at the senior lunch @St. Andrews today, I headed to the beach to get my walk on.  Luckily it wasn't too crowded.  I absolutely do not like to walk or exercise in a crowd.  I like my alone time.  So I parked at station 19 and walked to the end of the island.  The weather was awesome.  It wasn't too sunny, it was cool and I could see Mr. Rain off in the distance.  When I walk or really do anything, I like to listen to music.  Loudly.  And sing along.  Hence why I don't like the crowds. Today I was belting it on the beach.  I only passed 3 people on my way to the end.  On the way back I was super pumped because there was no one in sight and I thought it wasn't possible for anyone to come up from behind because the beach ended.  So after listening to the Judd's and some good ol Diamond Rio, Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody" comes on.  Since I was feeling rather chipper I decided to get on down with my bad self. Not gonna lie- I do a pretty good Whitney Houston.  Just saying.  I was really getting into it.  Right about the time I was singing "I wanna feel the heat with somebody" I noticed a figure coming in hot from behind. Right over my shoulder.  Scared the be junk out of me and I was mid verse when we made very awkward eye contact.  You know how when you are mid verse and the momentum really won't let you stop???  Welcome to my life.  So here is this very cute, a little older, shirtless man passing within 1 foot of me while I am belting out "I wanna feel the heat."  Yeah.  Classy I know.  I'd like to say that he stopped, we embraced and he began to duet with me and it was happily ever after.  Hum.  Not so much.  Oh well.  There's always tomorrow I guess....

Just keeping it cool,

SRS

PS: Taylor Swift's "Keep your eyes open" and new Dave Barnes are so so so good.  Get em.

No comments:

Post a Comment