Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm sorry, come again?

So last night I finished up my time at the Senf's.  I was a lil sad to leave because we had so much fun.  Although I will not miss waking up at 5:50 am.  I have a whole new respect for moms.  Dang.  On my way out of the hood I stopped buy the Grady's.  Which always leads to good convo's.  We were just catching up on a plethora of things.  Somehow we got on the spiritual track and one little question has now not only perplexed me and intrigued me, but it has challenged me 100%.  While I was giving Sherri the low down on my house hunting, I mentioned that I wasn't 100% positive on my trust level with God throughout this whole process.  In fact, I had come to the conclusion that if I wasn't just doing everything, then nothing would work out (classic, I can do it all thinking).  Basically, the world would end if I gave it over to God....  Just throwing that out there.  So here is what she says (if I remember correctly): "So, which part of the God head are you closest to?  (I immediately was shocked. I'm sure I displayed a lovely facial expression) (Good thing she is used to that).  Like which one am I better friends with?  Uh.. Well, I'm feeling that I have been on team Holy Spirit for a while.  Yeah.  That sounds right.  I feel like I have just been going after the Holy Spirit.  I may have neglected the others.  Sorry, I'm laughing at myself as I write this.  Just based on how much my life has drastically changed in the last 2 years...  Okay, so go team Holy Spirit.  Then she says: "So why don't you ask the Holy Spirit where you have a trust issue?  Is it with God the Father or Jesus?  Insert another facial expression.  Hold up.  I can ask them separately?  I just took me like 3 years to understand that the three are actually one.  Now I'm supposed to break them up again??  Oh gosh.  So on this whole Holy Spirit escapade/journey that I have been on- I have completely forgotten the fact that there is God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.  I have just been lumping them up together.  Like when I pray I just assume it goes into a prayer vacuum and hits all three at once. Kill 3 birds with 1 stone?  Oh geez.  I was seriously sitting there, feeling like the biggest dingle dong.  How have I never once thought about this??????  Hello?  Mcfly?  So I left there feeling super excited about a challenge.  Normally I avoid challenge like a champion.  I am basically going to go back and chill with God the Father and Jesus.  So now you may be thinking that I am a looney tune.  I promise I'm not (Well who knows really).  I actually think I'm fairly normal.  But, who can confirm or deny that?  I'm pretty excited about this.  I have been feeling fairly stagnant spiritually.  Not that I haven't been learning a ton, but that I didn't feel fully connected.  Maybe that's because I ditched 2/3rd's of the Trinity...  Chelloooo.  HAHAHA.  Sorry, I'm still cracking myself up over here. So here we go.  I am going to figure this thing out.  And for the first time- I'm not petrified.  I am excited.  I think this could be cool.  Plus, now I just gained an AWESOME question to throw at people...

Hope we are still friends,

Run and tell that,

SRS

2 comments: