Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dang Henri

I have a literary crush on Henri Nouwen. No joke. Every single thing he writes, literally goes straight to my heart. Boom. Every time. 


I read this today:


"Self rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the "beloved." Being the beloved expresses the core truth of our existence."


Just some light reading for you.. I think I may have posted this excerpt before, but it gets me every time.  I think in some way or another, we each have to deal with some type of rejection.  I've been thinking about this a lot lately.  Its easy to see plain old rejection from other people or what not (still sucks the same), but I think self rejection is a real Biotch.  Probably because its all inward and you don't have to actually tell anyone about it. I used to prefer these type situations.  Not to be weird, but if no one could notice something, then you could pretty much act like it doesn't happen. Yeah... Until you have an epic meltdown. In your car. Alone. And have to call your best friend and start talking at rapid speeds until they notice that something could be wrong.  And then you finally succumb to the hot mess express..  It's very healthy.... Great logic...


In our Bible study, we've been learning how important it is to recognize things that we've kept in the dark and out of God's time and then figuring out how to bring them into the light and back into God's time. Redemptive time.  I'll be honest, its hard to practice what you preach, but we have to start somewhere.  As terrible as it could possibly be, it has to be better than nasty junk festering in the dark.. Right?  Just a thought for you on this rainy Thursday.


Peace Out.


FYI- this is just rando info and etc.  Im not plummeting down a one way tunnel of self rejection.  Just to clear the air.. Ha. 


If you want to read this book its called Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen.  I suggest buying it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment