Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy Camper version 2

I'm going to stick with the Young Life theme today and tell you about the second best camp experience I ever had. 2006. I had never actually left Charleston for more than a week. Some how, some way I applied for YL summer staff.  And some how I got it.  In British Columbia.  Hot damn.  I will admit that I had a panic attack/mild heart attack at the air port gate, begged my dad not to make me go and maybe cried... Short of the story is that I made it to camp. And never wanted to leave. I made the greatest friends from all over the country.  I also forgot long pants...  I can't explain it, but YL life camp is life changing. Malibu Club in British Columbia is magical. Good things are pretty much guaranteed to happen.  And happen they did:) I also happened to score the best job ever possible. I was in charge of the dock and stuff. Stuff as in boats:)  Basically I spent my entire day on boats, on the dock and talking to people.  With a slight chance of a nap in side my dock house.. We also got to chill with Bob Goff at his house.  And got to play street hockey every week.  I was sold..

(My office)

No comments:

Post a Comment