Pages

I am a hot mess express going full throttle

Monday, February 24, 2014

The let down

Oh Monday.  I've decided that you are not in my top ten today.  I'm diagnosing myself with "the let down." This past weekend we had our St. Andrews Women's Retreat.  We journeyed back to the grand strand. And now I'm back in the real world and I am dragging along..


I love the retreat for a whole lot of reasons (like eating cinnamon pop tarts). I wish I could say it was solely based on the talks and the super spiritual stuff, but that would be a big fat lie. Don't get me wrong because I do like those, but they are not my main deal.  My main deal is the people.  Most of my people are located in one spot. This NEVER happens.  I forget how excited I get to see lots of my favorites in one geographical location.  I was standing on the hotel porch and could see everyone coming in and I was about to explode. The retreat is my favorite because it doesn't matter what happens except time with my people is always amazing.  I don't think I went to bed before 2:30 am Thurs through Sunday.  I couldn't bare to miss a minute.  I love hanging out in every one's rooms, eating together and then jaw jacking way past my bed time with the world's best roommate.  I got to have one of the BEST car rides of my 28 years so far. Imagine a suburban full of Becky, Susalee, Dot, Marilyn, Anne and Beth M. Getting lost in the most intense fog and having the most hilarious conversations. I thought I was going to keel over.  I wrote a blog about "the table" a while back. It was about being in community with each other and having a place to gather.  Being with the friends I love is my table. (And I would love to sit at it 24/7).  It could be in a kitchen or it could be sitting around a sketchy hotel laughing until you literally CAN NOT BREATHE.  We can talk and pass the time like champions. Plus all of the funny side things that happen are priceless.  I can't even begin to tell you.  If you haven't had the pleasure of hearing a Mandy Norris story than you haven't fully lived.  Seriously. I feel sorry for you.


Lately I've been learning about the Body of Christ. Sorry, I'm about to take this spiritual. (Just for a sec)  I knew I always liked my people, but I never realized how important they are.  God made us to be in community. He made us to need each other. Even though our culture craves and demands independence, we were created to be dependent on God and one another.  He actually wants us to need help and to need each other.  We were created to serve and receive. God made us to love one another.  Knowing that this is actually in the Bible is freaking awesome.  I could not have survived this year and learned what I learned without my people. I truly think that friendship is one of the most precious gifts. (I sound cheesy and I know it. Sorry I'm not sorry)  We have a chance to change some one's life.  I think that's pretty dang cool. 


Any ways.  That's all I've got.  I can't believe I have to wait a whole nother year...


Stay Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment